Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Finally Five!!??

I can't believe my first born son, turned 5 a week ago!!  We have celebrated Logan's birthday all month long, so you would have thought I would have been prepared for the big day when it arrived.  But, I have to be honest, this was the hardest birthday for me.  I don't usually get emotional on my kids birthdays, (maybe the first one,) but this was a big birthday for me.  I guess since I teach Kindergarten, I have always thought of my own kids as much younger then the ones in my classroom.  So when Logan turned 5, it finally hit me how fast the time truly goes by.  In a couple of months, he will not be a preschooler anymore, he will start Kindergarten and come to school with me in August, (it seems like yesterday I was waddling down the halls of my school with him inside me.)  Don't get me wrong, I am excited about this new adventure, just sad that my "baby" is not much of a baby anymore! He has turned into a SMART, inquisitive, funny, Godly, helpful, independent and LOVING little boy.  He is such a leader of our family and his little brother and little sister love him to the moon and back!  Spencer has to be doing what ever his "bubbie," is doing and gets sad when Logan is not around.  And, Paisley's face lights up when her big brother is around.  No one can make her laugh, like those boys do!   I love what a great teacher and friend Logan is to his younger siblings, (especially Spencer.)  I pray they cherish and nurture their relationships as they grow!   The pictures below are from a few of the celebrations we had for Logan this past month.  He also, got to bring cupcakes, Hawaiian Punch and silly straws to school on his actual birthday!  He sure does like to "party," like his mama!  ;)  Happy Birthday Logan!!  You are such a blessing to our family!!
Learner
Optimistic 
Godly
Amazing big brother
Nosey :)
   
Celebrating at Palio's Pizza on his "real" birthday!!  (February 28th, 2011)









Grandma and Grandpa came a few weekends earlier to celebrate mine and Logan's birthday.  We got to share a fun night together at Chuck E Cheese!

Mommy and her big boy!!
This was back in January, when Stephen and I took the boys to Great Wolf Lodge for the weekend.  This was Logan's BIG birthday gift!!  The boys had a BLAST, but I didn't get many pictures from the weekend because I didn't want to take my camera into the waterpark!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a month you all had. Love
the pictures and his sweet little grin! Grandma and Grandpa were so happy to come help you celebrate and can't wait to see you again.
You are truly a joy to everyone, and such a good role model for your brother and sister. School is going to be quite an adventure for such a smart little boy!