Saturday, January 15, 2011

Waiting for Santa

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve this year!  I love that my parents come down every year to spend Christmas with us.  It makes it so special to have them here celebrating every precious memory with us.  I know the kids love it too.  It reminds me of when I was growing up and my grandparents were always at our house during Christmas time.  It is a memory I will never forget and something I want my kids to remember too.  We started Christmas Eve out by heading to our church for a wonderful service.  Then we came home to a yummy Christmas casserole, that we had prepared earlier, (which made it  a lot easier to relax and enjoy the evening later.)  I then made cookies for Santa with the boys and we let the kids open one gift for Christmas Eve night too.  They chose one if the gifts that grandpa and grandma gave them.  I guess they knew the gifts  had to be good coming from them!  They got the boys the Imaginex pirate ship, rocket ship and all the accessories to go along with the sets.  They were in heaven and enjoyed playing in their imaginary world all evening, until we made them head to bed and wait for Santa.  They were SO giddy and it was hard to get them settled down.  But, I told Logan that Santa was on his way and we didn't want him to skip our house because he was still awake, (we saw Santa's sleigh on the news!) ;)  Logan was very concerned by that and asked, "but if he does, will he come back?"  Ha!  Sweet boy!  I told him we better not test him, so he might want to go to sleep fast!  And, Santa did in fact stop at our house that night and we had a wonderful Christmas morning.  Stay Tuned!! :)
 


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And a grand time was had by ALL.
Paisley and her daddy's pic are so
sweet! Mom