Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Breakfast with Santa 2010

One of the many perks of living in our neighborhood is the wonderful family activities they provide for our community.  I don't get to make it to most of them, but I was super excited when I saw signs posted around the neighborhood and invitations on FB for "Breakfast with Santa!"  I knew this was an event that we would NOT miss! :)  We weren't really sure how Spencer would do, since he kept saying , "no sit in Santa's lap," when we would mention it to him.  He must have remembered the bad experience from last year, when grandpa threw him on Santa's lap so quickly! ;)  But, Logan was  SO excited to go and I was determined to get a Santa picture of the kids.  So, we headed up there a little late and when we arrived most of the kids had already gone and visited with Santa.  It was great because the kids, (especially Spence,) were able to look and talk to Santa, without being forced to sit with him.  Spencer was able to warm up to him and climb onto his lap on his timing.  Santa was really good and gave each child special time with him.  Logan and Spencer were able to tell him exactly what they wanted and Santa even had a sweet treat for them at the end.  I liked this visit because I was able to use my own camera and take as many shots as I wanted for FREE!! :)  When the kids were done, they enjoyed kolaches, donuts and chocolate milk with their friends and neighbors.  I teach in the community that we live, so it is nice to see my parents and kids in a more relaxed atmosphere too.  And, the best part of the whole trip was the raffle at the end, where Stephen and I won a $25.00 gift certificate to a yummy italian resturant that we love!  I couldn't have planned a better visit with Santa then this!  Plus, I got some precious pictures and sweet memories of my three babies!! :)   








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much better than last year!
Poor Spencer was really tramatized
from that. I'm glad he is excited about him now! Great neighborhood
tradition. Mom